currency exchange rate at 3.50, app.10k Rp = RM3.50
Things we did as soon as we arrived Bali Ngurah Rai:
1) Get two phone cards @ 50k Rp
2) Get a car, 250k Rp
3) Set the GPS
We should have taken lunch in the plane.... all of us were so hungry, we had breakfast at 8:30am, flight at 11:50am arrived at 2:50pm, doing this and doing that.... the time we got ready in the car was at 4pm. Reached Kuta beach at 4.30pm, found a place for our first meal in Kuta already at 6pm.
Highlights of day 1:
1) Stuck on the road for about half an hour because of Balinese Religion Parade, I managed to get down from car, strolled along the street, took some pics of this interesting parade.
2) Many 'lao wai' surfing, I found myself more in a Hawaii than in Bali.
3) Many people having massage, pedicure, manicure and plaiting hair in the beach.
4) Many women sitting along the street knitting bracelets, together with a few children playing around them.
All arrangements and calls were made by Mun Wah, he was the only one planned the whole trip, thankful for him, and he also need someone like me to make the whole trip fun, I am a good follower, absolutely a good follower.
Settled first night in Kuta at Segara Sadhu Inn @250k Rp per night w/ air-con and breakfast. I only had a tiny complain on toilet's basin, overall satisfied.
Highlights of day 2:
1) As soon as we've taken our breakfast at Segara Sadhu, we woke up quite late though, at about 10:30am, loaded our luggages, went for a walk near Kuta beach, packed our lunch, then headed to GWK cultural park.
2) Headed to Uluwatu Temple, as GPS couldn't received signal, failed to direct us to this destination, accidentally we bumped into one bonus destination, The edge resort, having talked to the manageress on phone, she is more than welcome us to visit the hotel, Ade gave us a hospitality hotel tour. She said there are only 5 villas in the hotel, 1bed room villa USD 1k, 2-room villa USD 3k, 3-room villa USD 5k, and 5-room units, the latest cost about USD 7.5k per night, we really felt privileged.
3) Everyone is so reluctant to leave The edge, even though we finished our drinks early... roughly spent about 1 1/2 hour. Have to pull ourselves out from the celebrity lifestyle villa. Headed to Uluwatu Temple, the initial destination.
4) 5:30pm, time to leave and go for a Candle light BBQ seafood dinner in Jimbaran Beach.
Dinner finished at about 8:30pm, we drove to Ubud, there were some incident, Mun Wah found out that the owner of the guest house only booked one room for him, but he managed to get us another one without air-con just nearby, we didn't really mind as long as we have our place to sleep. It was about 175k Rp per night.