Follow Me

Sunday, April 10, 2011

My body

Very seductive title isn't it? You've got me all wrong~


Writing this topic is not saying I am Holy, I am good, it serves as a reminder to myself who is in me, why do I have to take good care of my body, there is a saying, body is weak but spirit is strong, God knows our weaknesses, and He is here to help us, at all times!  

In the progress of waiting, makes a person feel struggling, or falling into temptation;
At garden of Gethsemane, Jesus reminded disciples "Pray that you will not fall into temptation." At the same time, he is troubled by another hours time, he is going to be crucified, there he prayed and asked God if He could take this cup away from him; yet not his will, but God's will be done. 



Bible said an angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthen him. And being an anguish, Jesus prayed more earnestly. 


In this cynical world, I have not seen all, but have found out a few, have experienced in the past, pleasing own bodies, souls and desires, all the while becoming crusty and cynical or a pathetic, sniveling victim.


One says, get more experiences, you'll get over it. This could sound right, but If I keep on doing this will only get myself falling into abyss, I can't imagine me being helpless, being numb to emotions and feelings, I don't want to see my divine love being distorted in this way.


But God says...



1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, 
who is in you, 
whom you have received from God?  
²°You are not your own; 
you were bought at a price.  
Therefore honor God with your body,"





I prayed earnestly few days ago, asked God for forgiven, asked God for strength, God's forgiveness is immediate, strength is immediate, growing strong is a process. 


Jesus makes the promise again and he says "If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever -- The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you". 


Yes, neither see him nor know him, I hide away from him, because I chose to be in the world. Now, all I need just a willingness to come back HOME. He'll wash my sins away, gives me a new body, refreshes my soul, enlightens my spirit. 








My body, stays strong, because you are the temple of the Holy Spirit!




















Read this Inspirare - Persistence
God's perfect timing. It does help me to have a better understanding.

No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...