Follow Me

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Gab's worry

One night Jamie came to my place as she needed a computer to finish up her work, and I was about to go out with friend, usually Gab will have to stay home alone and get himself ready for bed.

Things happen during time I wasn't at home. Jamie and Gab had great conversation and interaction, Gab asked of her help to take him to bookstore get a bottle of calligraphy ink, before leaving, he went into room to get some money, but Jamie said don't worry about the money, she will pay for him.

As they reached Big Book Shop in Taipan, she parked her car right in front of the door, Jamie asked if he could get down alone to get the ink, he showed her a helpless face and said: 'Of course I need you to go with me!', hm.... someone is very manipulative!

As soon as he finishing his work, he went to Jamie started  to chat with her. Jamie asked him if he is afraid being stay alone at home, he said 'Nope', but one thing he fears the most is, he told Jamie something he never told me before, he worries that mommy is not coming home!!

That pondered me when Jamie shared with me what Gabriel had said, and started to know the reason why he is worrying. Each time I drive, he is the one who reminds me to slow down, control the speed, as we had one major and one minor accidents before, that could be the reason cause the shadow stays in his mind.

From the very night, I told him that I appreciate his love towards me, and I teach him one way to get rid of his worries, is by praying, 'Do you know you have one thing can do for mommy? That is by praying for mommy, ask God for protection!'. He nodded his head.

God has promise us in Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, 
present your requests to God. 
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.






'The Lord is faithful to all His promises' 
Psalm 145:13

No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...