Follow Me

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Stream in the Desert

A stream in the Desert is hymn No.215 in "Songs of the Kingdom", a song book that has been using by Central Christian Church, Christabel gave me the book long time ago.

This song is my all time favourite, since I am lured by the Lord to this place (situation) called 'desert', a situation that is hopeless, hungry and thirsty, which my spirit, soul, mind and body were exhausted and tired, here... the Lord my God speaks to me softly, assure me of His presence. I then know ... what He wants me to learn through this incident - 'A Stream in the Desert' is the answer.

A Stream in the Desert

verse 1
I'm thirsty and hungry and longing,
But nothing on earth can fulfill.
There's a place in my heart that is empty,
That only my
God can fill.

Chorus
A Stream in the desert when I'm thirsty,
The richest of fare when I'm weak,
Thru' the darkest of nights I think only of You.
Oh, Your presence I earnestly seek.

verse 2
My troubles and foes can surround me.
Then I call on Your name and I stand.
I remember Your power and glory,
And in praise I will lift up my hands.

Chorus
For I've seen You in the sanctuary.
To Your presence my longing soul clings.
I will praise You as long as I have life to live,
And I'll sing in the shadow of Your wings.

verse 3
If I had every passion and pleasure,
And if ease and success marked my ways,
Well, Your love still would be so much better than life,
So my lips will keep singing Your praise.

Chorus
A Stream in the desert when I'm thirsty,
The richest of fare when I'm weak,
Thru' the darkest of nights I think only of You.
Oh, Your presence I earnestly seek.



This song helps me to put my focus unto Him, and it reminds me of last time, this was the song I keep singing at the beginning of my Christian life.

I teared each time, and I am still tearing. Tear of joy, tear of fulfillment. The verse were written in minor key, then with a pivot modulation to major key in the last chord of verse, leads you to the major mood in the chorus, with this mood, it swings you up to the hope, love and joy, that is why I say this is tear of joy, tear of hope, tear of fulfillment.

As I have mentioned in past post [Count my Blessings], - I have Him who gives me all I lack. Blessed be with the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 35

Joy of the Redeemed

1 The desert and the parched land will be glad;
the wilderness will rejoice and blossom.
Like the crocus, 2 it will burst into bloom;
it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy.
The glory of Lebanon will be given to it,
the splendor of Carmel and Sharon;
they will see the glory of the LORD,
the splendor of our God.

3 Strengthen the feeble hands,
steady the knees that give way;

4 say to those with fearful hearts,
"Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
he will come to save you."

5 Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
and the ears of the deaf unstopped.

6 Then will the lame leap like a deer,
and the mute tongue shout for joy.
Water will gush forth in the wilderness
and streams in the desert.

7 The burning sand will become a pool,
the thirsty ground bubbling springs.
In the haunts where jackals once lay,
grass and reeds and papyrus will grow.

8 And a highway will be there;
it will be called the Way of Holiness;
it will be for those who walk on that Way.
The unclean will not journey on it;
wicked fools will not go about on it.

9 No lion will be there,
nor any ravenous beast;
they will not be found there.
But only the redeemed will walk there,

10 and those the LORD has rescued will return.
They will enter Zion with singing;
everlasting joy will crown their heads.
Gladness and joy will overtake them,
and sorrow and sighing will flee away.


No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...