Follow Me

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ask, and it will be given

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find;
knock, and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7

'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you
great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

Jeremiah 33:3


'You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
I will be found by you'

Jeremiah 29:13-14


I did a short meditation on these three verses few days ago, we had this message from Sister Ai Siang, wife of Bro. Foo Lai Wei (FGA) coincidentally. This message brought me back to few years back, a moment where I was attending a gospel violin concert, performed by a Jewish violinist, he is an evangelist from US. In this night, he shared of his conversion into Christianity, wonderful works that God had had done in his life, the performance was fabulous.

At the end of the performance he gave out his albums for free, to those who ran up to the stage as fast as they could, I saw three ladies and men were dashing through the aisles, ran up to the stage in seconds, and they got the treat. He said: 'You deserved it, because you have striven for it!'

I remember clearly at that moment what my mind was thinking: 'I wanted that album too, if I made my effort and had try my very best to run to him, I shall be the one among them.', but I didn't, it was my 2nd year of Christian life, I was a passive little woman. Not long ever after that night, I have learned to put in effort, to sow in order to harvest, through the years of learning and growing, I become realized and understood more what the verse in Jeremiah 29:13-14 have meant to me.

v., sought (sôt), seek·ing, seeks. v.tr.
  1. To try to locate or discover; search for.
  2. To endeavor to obtain or reach: seek a college education.
  3. To go to or toward: Water seeks its own level.
  4. To inquire for; request: seek directions from a police officer.
  5. To try; endeavor: seek to do good.
  6. Obsolete. To explore.
Seek - a verb, indicating an action, an event or a state, eg bring, happen, exist.

"Seeking is just not searching or looking for but to me, carries a deeper meaning of yearning, truly wanting, desperately needing to obtain." Said Yvonne Ling, I strongly agreed her definition.

And so I ask God very often, and also I work toward what I have asked, in the beginning 7 years of seeking, now I have found His beauty, love, strength, and joy, most importantly His way.

This is not 'living happily ever after' kind of fairy tales, there is no such thing of 'happily ever after', I have faced many of trials, discouragement, bad times, and also failed many tests, and still happening now, and I believe there are more to come, (Praise the Lord... as I am living!)

Seeking God is a progression, I seek, therefore I found, and I am still seeking, because I want to learn more, to understand God's will and God's plan in me.

How can you find one if you only ASK, that is why the verse continues...SEEK, and KNOCK.

In the progress of seeking and searching, you might come to many aspects that you will have to put in effort to 'knock', I defined this as confirming, you knock on door, and He will open for us.

Somehow before coming to what you have asked, or indeed, before coming to the answer God has prepared, you need to do something more than just ASK.



No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...