Follow Me

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The God of All Comfort

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

My experience with God has grew stronger and stronger, and His response has become so sharp and immediate, I don't even have to ask of His comfort, He is there with me, waiting for me to talk to Him, and here is the verse He showed as I continue my devotion like the other night.


Hosea 2:14-15 (New International Version)

14 "Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her.

15 There I will give her back her vineyards,
and will make the Valley of Achor a]">[a] a door of hope.
There she will sing b]">[b] as in the days of her youth,
as in the day she came up out of Egypt.

Footnotes:
  1. Hosea 2:15 Achor means trouble .
  2. Hosea 2:15 Or respond

As I meditate the verse,

allure - attract, beguile, cajole, captivate, charm, coax, decoy, enchant, entice, inveigle, lead on, lure, persuade, seduce, tempt, win over

1) God does not just take her to wilderness, but allure, why does God want to do that? when He could just take her or put her there?


desert -
  1. A barren or desolate area, especially:
    1. A dry, often sandy region of little rainfall, extreme temperatures, and sparse vegetation.
    2. A region of permanent cold that is largely or entirely devoid of life.
    3. An apparently lifeless area of water.
  2. An empty or forsaken place; a wasteland: a cultural desert.
  3. Archaic. A wild, uncultivated, and uninhabited region.

2) desert - such a hopeless place where no food and water, sandy and extreme weather.

Then God speak to her tenderly and gently.

Looks like God is playing a game, somehow the previous note I have asked and wonder if He jokes, of course He doesn't. We are stubborn and filled with self-confidence, we will not like or indeed we will easily fall away if He just put us in this place, and there He allures ...... it is not a punishment, He makes sure we are learning it step by step, and He realized we no longer depend on His Holy Spirit but by our own strength and strategy, may be it sounds way too serious, just put it this way, He is just teaching me, even though things don't come out the way it should, but He is there with me, to assure of His promises.

Well, I like verse 15, hahaha it is the promise, who doesn't?

It is quite clear enough of His promise, I shall not weary. He is awesome and faithful, Praise be with the Lord our Almighty God.

Blessed are those who put his trust on Him.


Love.

No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...