Follow Me

Friday, August 5, 2011

Mercy in the wilderness

I read a post 'Watchful Angels' from Echo Chen (San Mao) in 'Scarecrow Notes'  just yesterday night: 


A few days before Christmas, neighbour's child gave me a paper-made angel and said: "This is not real, there isn't any angel, just made it from a paper."  Tommy rested his arm on the short wooden board, stood at the garden chatted with me.
"Indeed, there are angels, I have two." I winked at the kid and said it seriously.
"Where are they?" Tommy looked up at me and asked curiously.
"You can't see them now, if you knew me a few years back, you might be able to see them!"  ..... 
"God gives everyone of us two angels, and keep them in our hearts when we are still in mother's womb, angles start tearing when they hear our hearts beating."
"Angels crying? They are sad?"
"They always tearing, because they love the kid so much, that is why they tearing the whole life. They do not wipe away those tears, because their wings are too busy to protect the kid, not even laying them down for a second, worry that the kid will fall ill cause by the wind and rain."
......
"One day, the kid has grown up, the kid told the angels: I am going, please don't follow me, this is sickening."
"What did the angles said?" Tommy asked.
"Those angels? They looked at each other, silent, they gave everything that they have, the best of bests to the kid, the kid packed them all and left them without turning back. "
"Those angels crying right?"
"Those angels flew up to a higher place in order to take a look at the kid, the kid ran fast, and went far, angels grew older, yet still struggle to fly to a higher point, hopefully to get another glance at the kid. The kid has soon became a tiny spec, gradually, lost in sight, this very moment, these two angels flew home, shut the door, turn off the light, and crying in the dark silently."
......

"Where did the kid go?" Tommy asked.
"It isn't important anymore,...."
"Didn't he miss the watchful angels?"
"Arrh! In the storm, he'll miss the goodness of this pair of wings, and tearing for a short while!"
"Did you mean the kid only miss the goodness of this pair of wings instead of the two watchful angels?"
.....




We are those ungrateful ones, we have tasted the goodness of the Lord, we have seen the beauty of holiness, yet we chose to leave God, or indeed asked God to leave us like what the story has told. 


How many of us, in times of tribulation we miss His goodness instead of Him? 




When we truly learn? When will we really understand His love, or we have been taken it for granted? 










I need thee........in and out, in the day, and at night, in all areas, You are the Lord, You reign! 


We worship you, Lord. In the beauty of holiness, clothed in Your righteousness, cleansed by Your blood!  


Lyrics from The Beauty Of Holiness - Steve Camp






My proclamation...
In Christ alone, my hope is found He is my light, my strength, my song This cornerstone, this solid ground Firm through the fiercest drought and storm What heights of love, what depths of peaceWhen fears are stilled, when strivings cease My comforter, my all-in-all Here in the love of Christ I stand

No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...