Follow Me

Thursday, December 17, 2009

What kind of attitude ...

You know, sometimes when we did something wrong, friend will confront our wrong doing according to Bible teaching through a 3rd party, what kind of attitude we usually react to this kind of advice?


I think my first reaction will be: ' Who are you? Mind your own business? Yes, I really did. You know what? I rather the friend confront me directly than telling other in the 'act of helping'. I have to admit, my attitude was proud and arrogant.

And I believe most of us will then follow by saying: 'Look at he/her own self, not a good one though, what have I done with him/her?', very quickly we will turn the missile back to their way of living, pint out their weaknesses... may be we will say: 'who are they to judge?'.

Exactly, 'Who are you to judge?', then I asked my sister about this incident, she got a very convincing and strong advice from her beloved husband - Hansen, he said: 'Open the Bible, read to them Proverbs 10:17, and tell them "I am not the one who speaks but the Lord", we don't have to live a perfect live to give you this advice, no body on earth is perfect, all of us falling short of the glory of God, we have to have humility and a teachable heart to accept friend's advice, of course, don't try to act 'helpful' by telling others, confront the person directly with love and encouragement.


Therefore encourage one another and build each other up,
just as in fact you are doing.

(1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV)




Just recently, I dug out all that have been hidden in my heart for quite some times, feeling 'lighter' now,!

No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...