Follow Me

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SCF Family Camp


This was the first family camp held by Subang Christian Fellowship which is SCF in short. I was honoured to be appointed as a committee in co-ordination for all programmes of Kingdom Kidz SCF. My first time ever appointed to do such 'big' job, and it did sound 'big' to me, all my life.... no deadlines, no boss, no meetings, no reports ... never ever had a chance to work in an office.

Thankfully, it wasn't what I have imagined, just some phone callings, email receivings and forwardings... phew!

Not many things need to be prepared though, Evonne and Grace from FGC-JB mother's church, they have all programme arranged, I had just a few things to do, make sure the snacks and drinks supply sufficiently.

Praise the Lord for all had run smoothly, feedbacks were positive and encouraging.

I remember that 4 years ago, I went to a family camp as a teacher's helper, children had to have the 3 days full session, stayed in the hall helping up through the whole camp. My thought now... ( I was quite enjoying that time indeed) it is a camp where the whole family take time off for a weekend away holiday, and we come as a church family, imagine... all the people who come to the camp are those brothers and sisters, such a precious opportunity, we should have enough time for the fellowship instead of merely message.

In the first committee meeting, I suggested to have only one session of preaching in a day, let we come as a family, and spend quality time to know each other more in deep, as well as rest and relax, thankfully quite many of them supported the idea.




So, the programme includes 3 preaching, one in each day, one Dramatition and one family amazing race. I liked the whole idea, I took part of all activities... and therefore came home with an exhausted body, but a refreshed soul!

Here I am with the props I used for Dramatition - Tissue Girl.
Of course ....erghm... our group humbly.. won the first prize.



No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...