Follow Me

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Roselle Drinks

When Gab was small, I was taught by sis Jacs that kids taking this drinks often can ease their growing fever. And this helps! What I do is to buy dried roselle flowers some people call it Ribena flowers from Chinese Herbal Shop, and cook a big pot, actually we don't need so much, just cook small amount whenever wanted to drink.

Now that I have Thermomix, I can always measure the right amount for both Gab and I to consume for the same day. 

TM5 Thermomix Recipe

Jane's Dried Roselle Drinks for kids


Ingredients:

35g Dried Roselle
2000g Water
150g Rock Sugar

Preparation:

1) Put in dried Roselle flowers and water to boil
     20 min / 100℃ / Reversed / speed 2  
     I don't use mc in this boiling process.

2) Add rock sugar to stir
     5 min / Reversed / speed 2

3) Fix in simmering basket to strain away pulps. Serve hot or cold.

Another version ( I use this method often )

1) Insert simmering basket, put in dried Roselle petals, add in water to boil
    20 min / 100℃ / speed 3

2) Add rock sugar
    10 min / speed 3 
    (It doesn't really need that long time, I just leave it keep spinning to help cool down temperature)

3) Remove simmering basket with spatula. Serve hot or cold.


To arrange a TM5 demo, contact Thermomix Fervent Thermist

No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...