Follow Me

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Tuesday Home Cooking Day

Why Tuesday? I don't have to fetch Gab for tuition, no morning music classes, and that is why Tuesday is the day I fixed for home cooking day. 

Today's meal considered my first time ever cooked a 'Complete Meal' by using Thermomix, I used to admire and amazed those who could cook 3 or 4 dishes from Thermomix, what I usually did was just baking, making desserts, stir fried one meat or one veggie dish, make it as simple as possible. Haha. 

Mum called me to ask me make some pumpkin mantou, she got me a pumpkin, asking me to get from her this morning, so I went, and I went to mini market in USJ 20, where they usually closed by 10.30am, sometimes even earlier. 

Bought some ingredients for fish, chicken, soup and veggie. 

Here is the first thing I will do whenever I cook with Thermomix. Rice always first! 

Thermomix 10-Grains Rice (with a steaming dish)

10-grains rice, I mixed with normal white rice, just worried that Gab doesn't like to eat. 
For two persons:

50g 10-grains rice
50g white rice
750g water (because of 10-grains rice is a little hard and need more water, I steam fish at the same time) 

Rinse rice in simmering basket, fill pipe water in TM with simmering basket in it, as much as the water cover the rice.

2 min / speed 4 (Do it another two times)

Pour away those water, fill in filtered water, start cooking rice
mc / 30 min / V / speed 3


As the rice starts cooking, then I prepare fish, rinsed and dried, use approximately 15 min for the preperation.

Stack up Varoma dish at last 15 min.



Thermomix 10-Grains Rice (without a steaming dish)

For two persons:

50g 10-grains rice
50g white rice
       water, as much as enough to cover the rice.
 
Rinse rice in simmering basket, fill pipe water in TM with simmering basket in it, as much as the water cover the rice.

2 min / speed 4 (Do it another two more times)

Pour away those water, fill in filtered water, start cooking rice

mc / 30 min / 100°C / speed 3

Using spatula to hook and lift up simmering basket, pour cooked rice into ThermoServer to keep rice warm while cooking other dishes.

No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...