Follow Me

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lovely Sibling that warmed my heart.


I met Jane Cheong the first time I went for Supplies Surprise Bazaar at Bfree, which later I found out they have it once in two months time.

I bought quite many things from her, as she is selling at very reasonable price. It is very warm of her, she explained clearly, and also share ideas generously, I love talking with her.

We came out for lunch twice in Kota Kemuning, went visiting her big country style home (I love her house, you know it!)

She brought me to Petaling Street to source some nice fabric shops to get some good deal sewing materials yesterday. In this trip, her two teenage child followed.

I want to talk more of this pair of sibling, elder brother and sister at two years age gap. We chatted many things, including of their Xin Hua secondary school which I also plan to send Gab to.

Along the journey, they followed without grumbling, even though there was once they asked permission to go book store but rejected. They made no naughty face. One thing I noticed and this warmed my heart so much, in the journey when one was walking fast with their mother, the other followed slowly after me, my left leg was hurt and so I have difficulty to walk really fast even though I have tried hard especially when we rushed back to our car to extend our parking ticket for longer shopping time, one will still walked behind me according to my pace. How lovely they are.

I messaged Jane Cheong about this, and she told me she didn't even notice it. I would like to give them an encouragement, I know they didn't pre-plan it, because according to their mother they fight most of the time.

Jane Cheong shared this prayer with me today in facebook. I read this before, and I decided to keep this in my blog.

General Douglas MacArthur's Prayer for his son ~with Jane Lee
"Build me a son, O Lord,
who will be strong enough to know when he is weak,
and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid;
one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat,
and humble and gentle in victory.
Build me a son
 whose wishes will not take the place of deeds;
 a son who will know Thee…… and that
 to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge.
Lead him, I pray,
not in the path of ease and comfort,
but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge.
Here, let him learn to stand up in the storm;
here let him learn compassion for those that fail.
Build me a son
 whose heart will be clear,
 whose goal will be high,
 a son who will master himself
 before he seeks to master other men;
 one who will reach into the future,
 yet never forget the past.
And after all these things are his,
 add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor,
 so that he may always be serious,
 yet never take himself too seriously.
Give him humility,
 so that he may always remember
 the simplicity of true greatness,
 the open mind of true wisdom
 and the meekness of true strength.
Then, I, his father will dare to
 whisper, "I have not lived in vain.'"

No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...