Follow Me

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Two great commandments

As Kevin and I were teaching in Messiah II last Sunday about first Fruit of Holy Spirit - Love, we talked about loving a thing is different for loving a person. A very funny illustration was, when someone you loved have hurt you or have failed you, I said to the children: "The normal reaction will have as a little children is to say: 'I hate you!!!' or 'I don't want to be friend with you!!'" and I continue to tell them, I love pizza, while I am eating my favourite pizza, I dropped it on the floor accidentally, I will not point to the pizza and shout: "I hate you!!!" Then followed by laughter from all little children, even me, I didn't know it was so hilarious to make them laughed like that.

Love always come with a few rules to obey, we don't say they are conditioned, but a way to protect someone whom you love, e.g. traffic rules, school rules, house rules.... and so on. God has given us rules in Mt. Sinai. The Ten Commandments are divided into two parts we called two great commandments
The First Part: Love God

  1. Put God first
  2. Worship only God
  3. Use God's name in respect
  4. Honour the Sabbath's day
The Second Part: Love man
5.   Honour you parents (so that you may live long in the land that Lord your God is giving you)
6.   Do not kill
7.   Be faithful in marriage
8.   Do not steal
9.   Do not lie
10. Do not greed




No comments:

Sewing Octopus Etsy MIni Shop

YoU May Also LikE theSe sToRies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...