Today, I met Isabella, a 9-year-old girl who came for a piano trial lesson. Isabella is already learning piano from another teacher, but she has been asking herself, “Why am I playing pieces that I don’t enjoy?”
What she really wants is to play Christian and worship music. She had even considered stopping piano lessons because her current teacher does not teach worship pieces. Her mother, hoping that Isabella can continue her piano journey, came to look for a teacher who could guide her in learning the music she truly loves.
During the trial lesson, I discovered that Isabella cannot yet read chord symbols. When the notes are not written out for her, she is unsure of what to play. Another challenge is that there are limited worship piano books available, especially for newer worship songs. So, in this case, I know I will need to work things out and find creative ways to help her learn the music she desires to play.
It will certainly be a challenge, but I hope I can do it.
More than simply teaching Isabella how to play the piano, I hope to help her discover the joy of using her musical gift to worship God. My prayer is that Jesus will grant me the strength, wisdom, and patience to guide this young soul—to help her love playing the piano, enjoy worshipping Him, and use her talent to glorify Him.
May this be the beginning of a beautiful musical and spiritual journey for Isabella. ♡
The first piece she wants to learn is Way Maker.



No comments:
Post a Comment